Features of LLP
- It has a separate legal entity just like companies
- The liability of each partner is limited to the contribution made by partner
- The cost of forming an LLP is low
- Less compliance and regulations
- No requirement of minimum capital contribution
The minimum number of partners to incorporate an LLP is 2. There is no upper limit on the maximum number of partners of LLP. Among the partners, there should be minimum two designated partners who shall be individuals, and at least one of them should be resident in India. The rights and duties of designated partners are governed by the LLP agreement. They are directly responsible for the compliance of all the provisions of LLP Act 2008 and provisions specified in LLP agreement.
If you want to start your business with Limited Liability Partnership, then you must get it registered under Limited liability Partnership Act, 2008.
Process of Registration as LLP
Step 1: Obtain DSC
Step 2: Apply for DIN
Step 3: Name Approval
Step 4: Incorporation of LLP
Step 5: File LLP Agreement